Let’s discuss Cocktail Music for your wedding! The first hour of your reception is when your guests arrive to congratulate you, find their seats then head to the bar for a cocktail and this is the perfect time to greet your guests and grab drinks for yourselves as well. You may end up stepping outside for pictures with your photographer during this time, but hopefully not for too long, as you really never want to leave your guests, they are, after all, there to help celebrate with you.
Your Styles, Your Personalities
When choosing music with your DJ, you will always want to reflect your styles and personalities and I recommend choosing music you like as well as what your guests may appreciate. Cocktail music should be a mixture of relaxed, upbeat, fun songs and your DJ should always play it lightly in the background, loud enough to hear it and tap your foot to, while still being able to hold a conversation. The songs should also help set the tone for the evening. You will know your friends and family best and what they may enjoy, although we can always help “play the crowd” with our discretion throughout the entire evening, if necessary.
Most Requested Songs 2019
Here is a list of some of the most requested cocktail songs thus far in 2019 to give you some ideas and get you started…also, you can never go wrong with a mixture of Sinatra, Dean Martin, Michael Bublé and the Rat Pack style, always a hit!
On average, we can play roughly 23 songs per hour. Within our Online Planner and Music Request System (exclusive to you as our client) we allow you to pick specific songs, artists or styles to be played during cocktail time and we help you throughout the entire planning process.
**NOTE: Some cocktail songs can also be used during dinner as well, it’s YOUR day! 🙂 To listen to these songs below, feel free to click the link, it will take you to Amazon so you can listen to it. We supply all of your music for you and if it is not a part of our collection already, we will purchase it (no need for you to buy any music)!
(make sure to click the ‘back’ button after reviewing song on Amazon)
20 Top Cocktail Requests 2019
1. “I Prayed For You” – 4th + Main (Country 2019)
2. “Puzzle of Us” – Adam Doleac (Country 2019)
3. “Fall On Me” – Andrea Bocelli & Matteo Bocelli (Classical 2018)
4. “I Do” – Ashlee + Evan (Pop 2018)
5. “No Place” – Backstreet Boys (Pop 2019)
6. “Someone Like You” – Betsy Phillips (2019)
7. “Lovely Day” – Bill Withers (R&B 1977)
8. “Just The Way You Are” – Bruno Mars (Pop 2010)
9. “Love You Madly” – Cake (Rock 2001)
10. “From the Ground Up” – Caleb and Kelsey (Country 2019)
11. “God Gave Me You” – Caleb and Kelsey (Country 2019)
12. “Lovefool” – Cardigans (Pop 1996)
13. “Something Just Like This” – Chainsmokers & Coldplay (Dance 2017)
14. “Feels Like Home” – Chantal Kreviazuk (Pop 2002)
15. “I’m the One” (Clean) – DJ Khaled ft Justin Bieber
16. “Kiss Me” – Ed Sheeran (Pop 2011)
17. “Best Of My Love” – Emotions (R&B 1977)
18. “Everlong (Acoustic Version) – Foo Fighters (Rock 2009)
19. “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) – Four Tops (R&B 1965)
20. “Love Somebody” – Maroon 5 (Pop 2012)
Hopefully this list gets your ideas going, we would love the opportunity to offer you a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss all of the details for your wedding day, and how we can help make it perfect. CLICK HERE to request more info
#askyourweddingdj #chicagoweddingdj #weddingdj #weddingdjchicago #partyallnitedj